SOURDOUGH CHOCOLATE COOKIES
Courtesy of @hayleypople.
1 hour + overnight if you're patient!
You can cook from frozen, just add 1 minute to the cooking time!
250g golden caster sugar or whatever sugar you have
1 large egg
50g cocoa powder
250g plain flour
3g baking powder
4g bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of sea salt flakes (Maldon or similar)
200g dark chocolate chips.
1. Preheat your oven to 170c.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar.
3. Graduallly whisk in the egg, and then add the starter.
4. Add dry ingredients and mix until smooth and fully incorporated.
5. Stir in chocolate chips gently.
6. Roll dough into 50g balls and refrigerate for at least an hour, or overnight if possible as this really helps with the lift!
7. Bake on a tray lined with baking parchment for 12 minutes.